Online learning has revolutionized adult education and is here to stay. Yet, few sales teams take full advantage of the dizzying array of learning resources available to them in the information age. Below, you will find some DON’Ts, some DOs, and some concise guidance TIPS on getting the very most out of the extraordinary learning and reinforcement tools available via online learning portals like Sandler Online.
Take a look:
- You don’t have to learn at the same time as your colleagues.
- You don’t have to do the lessons in order.
- You don’t even have to finish.
- You don’t have to worry about memorizing or taking notes.
- Do choose what you learn. Customize the curriculum to your situation and your needs.
- Do choose how you learn best.
- Do practice by yourself.
- Do take advantage of learning slots that match up with your own schedule.
- Do feel free to stop when you need to, and then pick up the lesson again when it is convenient to do so.
- Do learn at your own pace, using resources that complement your personal learning style.
- Complete your reading/knowledge acquisition before hands-on training/practice sessions.
- Take it offline, too. Get your manager/accountability partner involved in helping you to create and track small, easy wins that connect to practicing and deploying new skills. Ideally, these wins should happen every week.
- Keep moving outside your comfort zone. Once you have learned, reinforced, and deployed a new skill, head back online and find more advanced content.
- Focus on spaced reinforcement, not cramming! There is no end of the semester or final exam to cram for. Your test is on the job and in the next sales call.
Remember: Lifelong learning is a marathon, not a sprint. Use online resources to run your own race, at your own pace, and you will keep your team, and yourself, moving consistently in the right direction – forward!
Learn more about Sandler’s online library of resources, here.